Bilingual (Spanish) Parent Educator- Waukegan
Submitted by Catherine Enright
Kids Above All is seeking a Bilingual (Spanish) Parent Educator for our Waukegan office.
About us: At Kids Above All, we put kids and their families first.
Kids Above All is a child and family services organization, providing community-based programs to underserved children and families in the Illinois counties of Cook, Lake and DuPage. Our services range from family support groups to group homes for youth in Lisle, Naperville and Downers Grove. Kids Above All serves children and families in our community through a comprehensive, tailored service program that truly helps children build, achieve and sustain better lives.
Job Details: Meet with families in their homes to provide educational activities and developmental information that includes the on-going assessment of their child’s development. Develop and implement service plans that meet the needs of the children and the family and provide resources and information to assist families in reaching their goals as outlined in the service plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops service plan with the clients within specified timeframes
- Provides child development screenings and referrals as needed
- Assesses the needs of the children and parents and provides resources and referrals
- Provides child/parent activities utilizing the Parents As Teachers curriculum
- Ensures that all children in the program have their medical needs assessed
- Empowers parent toward the achievement of service goals
- Works with families to develop realistic and appropriate service goals
- Ensures that assigned caseload receives bi-weekly home visits
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Responsible for a caseload of 20 families
Bachelors degree in psychology, early childhood education, Sociology, or related field
0-2 years of applicable experience.
Experience with family support, prenatal health care, or early childhood preferred.
Valid driver’s license, access to an insured automobile and acceptable driving record.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Highly organized, flexible, and can handle multiple priorities/projects well; Good time-management skills
- Ability to function well in a team environment
- Ability to demonstrate project management, organizational, analytical, and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and effective communications skills (verbal, written, effective documentation, listening)
- Ability to ensure confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to build professional relationships
- Demonstrated problem-solving techniques
- Must be bilingual (Spanish)
Must have a valid driver’s license, daily access to an insured automobile, good driving record and willingness to travel. This position requires Parent Educators to drive to the homes of their clients.
Why Kids Above All?
At Kids Above All we value our employee’s work/life balance. With flexible schedules, paid time off and 14 paid holidays, Kids Above All is a place where you can grow professionally and have a healthy work/life balance.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Paid Vacation time and 14 paid agency holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, voluntary short-term disability, voluntary AFLAC coverage and Agency paid life insurance (Kids Above All pays 80% of the cost for employee medical coverage)
- Flexible schedules
- Agency laptop and Cell phone provided
- Ongoing training
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Kids Above All recognizes, respects, promotes and celebrates the value of cultural diversity and will ensure that each client’s ethnic or cultural customs, practices, and beliefs, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, and/or community differences will be respected by agency staff.
Kids Above All is committed to supporting military service members and veterans and their families through employment opportunities.
This position is full-time with benefits.