Full Time Birth-to-Three Prevention Initiative Parent Educator
Submitted by Paula White
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Parent Educator is responsible for providing comprehensive child development and family support services using the Parents as Teachers curriculum to eligible pregnant women, infants, toddlers and their families through a series of weekly in-home visits and scheduled group activities. The Parent Educator is responsible for designing, planning and coordinating developmentally appropriate experiences that meet all component areas of the agency’s birth-to-three program’s school readiness goals established by the program and the individual needs of the child and family.
Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Development, Family and Social Services, Family and Consumer Sciences or related field preferred.
- Experience working with young children and/or parents.
- Experience working with at risk populations preferred
- Parents as Teachers Certification required (may be acquired after hire).
- Detail oriented and proficient computer skills
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
Salary & benefits: Based on experience and salary schedule
How to apply: Send resume and references to Paula White, 203 S. Main St. Hillsboro, IL 62049 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who to contact: Paula White (217)532-9605 or email@example.com