Parent Educator – Bilingual Preferred
Submitted by Bellwood School District 88
To provide developmental information, support and encouragement to parents in an effort to help their children develop optimally during the early years of development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Attend Parents as Teachers Foundational and Model Implementation training for certification.
- Comply with State Law and District policies and regulations.
- Maintains confidentially; unquestionable integrity.
- Recruiting and enrolling parents of birth to three years children into program.
- Assisting parents in becoming self-sufficient in meeting their general family needs by introducing them to community resources and providing them with strategies for accessing those resources.
- Conducting home visits and arranging parent conferences at the direction of the principal. Each served family should have a minimum of 24 home visits annually.
- Utilizing the PAT foundational visit plans and planning guide to design and deliver personal visits to families.
- Providing a minimum of 12 groups connections for parents to include, but limited to; parent-child interaction, development-centered parenting, and family well-being.
- Provide parents with information in their home language.
- Maintain accurate records as requested by the principal.